In This Episode
Chris Laramie’s Pizza Journey:
- Chris Laramie, owner of Fat Lip Pizza, shares his journey from aspiring Michelin Chef to venturing into the pizza business.
- He found the pizza model more financially viable and adaptable, especially during economic uncertainties like the housing market crash.
- Chris started by cooking off pies, offering slices, and built his business on a food truck, emphasizing adaptability.
- The podcast discusses the evolution of their pizza-making process, involving changes in dough recipes, adapting to different ovens, and a preference for a thicker crust, resembling a cross between New York and Neapolitan styles.
- The episode highlights the importance of crunching numbers for a successful pizzeria and the role of a reliable restaurant calculator.
Building Fat Lip Pizza in Corona:
- Chris details the quick process of opening Fat Lip Pizza in Corona, including a half-million-dollar build-out handed to them.
- The discussion includes insights into the pizza business, collaborations with local businesses, and the use of technology, such as iPads for orders.
Marketing and Branding:
- The podcast touches on the significance of effective branding and marketing in the pizza business, emphasizing a strong social media presence.
- Chris shares experiences with influencers and the impact of a food challenge video on their revenue.
Future Plans and Keeping It Simple:
- Chris discusses future plans, including expanding the food truck’s operations and the importance of simplicity in menu offerings.
- The conversation touches on the significance of recognizing individual strengths and hiring for the areas where one might lack expertise.