Keys to the Episode
- Ryan started out working at a wood-fired pizza restaurant for 7 years before starting his own catering company during the pandemic using backyard pop-ups.
- He slowly invested in better equipment like wood-fired ovens and now does nearly 100 events per year including weddings, parties, and wineries.
- Social media has been big for Ryan especially TikTok where he shares behind-the-scenes live videos of catering events. One TikTok video went viral with over 60 million views.
- Ryan hired a consultant to help open a hybrid production facility/ghost kitchen to keep scaling the catering operation and add pickup/delivery revenue.
- Competing at the International Pizza Expo has connected Ryan with the broader pizza community to keep learning and pushing his craft forward. He discusses the comradery and relationships formed through competing.